As a parent/carer we agree to:
- Ensure school has up to date contact details which must include: home address, named contact with telephone numbers, second and third named contact with telephone numbers and email address.
- Ensure our child attends school every school day, on time and with all the correct equipment so that they are “Ready to Learn”.
- Support school in ensuring our child’s behaviour and attitude does not conflict with the school’s aims and values.
- Ensure our child follows the school’s rules with regard to uniform, footwear, jewellery and hairstyles.
- Support our child by attending all parents’ evenings, support evenings and other meetings as requested, even if this may cause some inconvenience.
- Celebrate our child’s progress and achievements.
- Check “Show My Homework” regularly and encourage my child to complete all homework set to the best of their ability.
- Inform the school by 9:00 am at the latest if our child is unable to attend that day (lines are open from 8.30 am each day).
- Support all the school’s policies, as advised on the school website.
- The school taking photographs of our child in order to celebrate success and promote the school activities in newsletters, websites, newspapers, school prospectus and other promotional materials.
- Ensure my child understands that they cannot use their mobile phone in school*
- Ensure that any contact I wish to make with my child during the school day must be via the school office – either by telephone or face to face.
- Use social media to comment or post positively about the school. In the event of any offensive or inappropriate comments being made on social media, the school will ask the parent/carer to remove the post and insist they come into school to discuss the issues in person. Any grievances must not be aired through social media. They must go through the school‟s complaints procedure accessible via the school website or the school office.
I, the learner, agree to:
- Follow the school’s “Five Respects”:
Speak respectfully – Behave respectfully – Respect the school environment – Have respect for my own learning – Have respect for the learning of others.
- Attend school every school day, on time, with the correct equipment and uniform.
- Arrive promptly to form time and all lessons throughout the school day and challenge myself to try my best in every lesson.
- Use “Show My Homework” to complete all homework set to the best of my ability.
- Respect the right of the teachers to teach and learners to learn.
- Follow all school policies and rules and understand that whilst in uniform I am an ambassador for the school both in school and on the journey to and from school and must behave sensibly and not bring the school into disrepute.
- Never bully or intimidate others.
- Not use my mobile phone in school*
- Not use social media to make hurtful and derogatory comments about learners or staff in school.
As a school we agree to:
- Ensure the safety and well being of all our learners.
- Provide quality teaching that will inspire and challenge our learners and maximise their progress.
- Challenge language and behaviour that can cause harm to others.
- Work in partnership with parents and carers.
- Celebrate our learners’ progress and achievements.
- Ensure that all teachers and staff have proper and professional regard for the ethos, policies and practices of the school.
- Regularly communicate with home regarding learners’ progress and behaviour.
- Regularly set homework using “Show My Homework”
* Please note: The school accepts learners may choose to bring in mobile phones to contact parents/carers whilst travelling to and from school. However, they must NOT be used in school and the school accepts no responsibility for loss or damage incurred to them. Any learner needing to contact home or vice versa must do so via the school telephone. All mobile phones must be switched off and kept out of sight either in the inside blazer pocket or in a school bag. If learners are seen using their mobile phone in school then they will be confiscated and placed in the school safe, to be picked up by their parent/carer the next day, or as soon as possible thereafter.