Schools play an essential role in protecting children from abuse. They have regular contact with children and young people so are in a strong position to identify signs of abuse and neglect.
Unsworth Academy safeguard’s children by:
- creating safe environments for children and young people through robust safeguarding practices. We are an inclusive school and inclusive beyond the binary encompasses our approach to this
- ensuring that adults who work in the school, including volunteers, don’t pose a risk to children
- making sure staff are trained, know how to respond to concerns and keep-up-to-date with policy and practice
- teaching children and young people about staying safe
- maintaining an environment where children feel confident to approach any member of staff if they have a worry or problem.
How to report a safeguarding concern in school:
- To any member of staff
- Leave a message in the safe box situated outside the dining hall
- Ring safe phone 07818511717 or email email@example.com