Unsworth AcademyOur Sporting Code Of Conduct
Our Code of Sporting Conduct
The following code of conduct has been put together to uphold the aims of the PE department at Unsworth Academy and to protect all players, referees and spectators involved in the playing of any sport regardless of whether it is in league games, friendlies or practices.
Each individual is accountable for his/her own actions. Whether playing, watching, or refereeing a match, it is each learner’s personal responsibility to treat all other players; opposition players; teachers, spectators and the referees/umpires with respect before, during and after a match.
Expected minimum standards of behaviour and conduct shall be:
- Learners should respect the spirit of fair play. This is more than playing within the rules. It also incorporates the concepts of friendship, respect for others and always taking part with the right spirit and attitude.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of such individuals as referees/umpires; organisers; teachers; players and spectators.
- Learners must accept victory and defeat with dignity and set a positive example for others, especially younger learners and spectators.
- Learners must ensure that they protect all involved in the game from verbal or physical abuse and any threatening or intimidating behaviour.
- Use of foul, sexist, abusive, racist or any prejudicial language will not be tolerated and will result in being dropped from any team for the foreseeable future.
- All learners are expected to shake hands with opposition players and the referees/umpires before and after a match to show respect as they are representing the school as an ambassador for sport.
Assessment & Reporting Cycles
Keeping Children Safe
Links to resources and websites offering help and support on a range of ways to keep your learner safe
GCSE Results 2020
EBacc Average Points Score
Grade 5 or above in English & Maths GCSE
Maths 4+ (Standard Pass)
Progress 8 Score
Attainment 8 Score
% Staying in Education or Entering Employment
English 4+ (Standard Pass)
Get In Touch
Location: Unsworth Academy, Parr Lane, Bury. BL9 8LP
Telephone: 0161 796 9820
For general enquiries please ask for Miss Charlotte Allen, Operations Manager
Unsworth Academy collects a lot of data and information about our pupils so that we can run effectively as a school. This privacy notice explains how and why we collect pupils’ data, what we do with it and what rights parents and pupils have. Unsworth Academy is an academy within the Shaw Education Trust (“the Trust”), a multi academy trust with 10 academies. The Trust is a charitable company limited by guarantee (registration number 09067175) whose registered office is The Lodge Wolstanton High, Milehouse Lane, Newcastle Under Lyme, Staffordshire, England, ST5 9JU. The Trust is the Data Controller for all the academies within the Trust. The Data Protection Officer for the Trust is Natalie Kennedy: firstname.lastname@example.org.