Schools play an essential role in protecting children from abuse. They have regular contact with children and young people so are in a strong position to identify signs of abuse and neglect.
Unsworth Academy safeguard’s children by:
- creating safe environments for children and young people through robust safeguarding practices
- ensuring that adults who work in the school, including volunteers, don’t pose a risk to children
- making sure staff are trained, know how to respond to concerns and keep-up-to-date with policy and practice
- teaching children and young people about staying safe
- maintaining an environment where children feel confident to approach any member of staff if they have a worry or problem.
Unsworth Academy’s Designated Safeguarding Lead:
Mr W Leyland (Assistant Principal)
GCSE Results 2019
EBacc Average Points Score
Grade 5 or above in English & Maths GCSE
Maths 4+ (Standard Pass)
Progress 8 Score
Attainment 8 Score
% Staying in Education or Entering Employment
English 4+ (Standard Pass)
Get In Touch
Location: Unsworth Academy, Parr Lane, Bury. BL9 8LP
Telephone: 0161 796 9820
For general enquiries please ask for Miss Charlotte Allen, Operations Manager
Unsworth Academy collects a lot of data and information about our pupils so that we can run effectively as a school. This privacy notice explains how and why we collect pupils’ data, what we do with it and what rights parents and pupils have. Unsworth Academy is an academy within the Shaw Education Trust (“the Trust”), a multi academy trust with 10 academies. The Trust is a charitable company limited by guarantee (registration number 09067175) whose registered office is The Lodge Wolstanton High, Milehouse Lane, Newcastle Under Lyme, Staffordshire, England, ST5 9JU. The Trust is the Data Controller for all the academies within the Trust. The Data Protection Officer for the Trust is Natalie Kennedy: firstname.lastname@example.org.